Free software for building and running Individual-Based Models with no computer skill
Mobidyc is a software project that aims to promote Individual-Based Modelling in the field of ecology, biology and environment.
It is the acronym for MOdelling Based on Individuals for the DYnamics of Communities.
- Biologists or researchers with no computer skill who wish to quickly build and run simple IBMs or cellular automata.
- Modelers who want to take advantage of the Mobidyc framework to write complex models or dedicated simulators.
- English summary of the software
- We are working now on the renewal of MOBIDYC platform to facilitate its installation and functioning on more recent OS (cf. below).
- For more information on how to install and run the current version of MOBIDYC, feel free to contact us.
- Modernized successor of MOBIDYC.
- The development of re:Mobidyc is not a mere porting or refactoring of MOBIDYC, but the
modeling language, modeling UI, and runtime mechanism have been re-designed from
scratch based on the following design principles inherited from MOBIDYC.
- We use Pharo, a cutting-edge object-oriented programming environment, as a basis
for the development of Re:Mobidyc.
- The renewal of MOBIDYC benefits from the support of the Pharo Consortium.