- Every morning when you wake up, record your body temperature and condition on the “Health observation sheet” (PDF, Excel).
- Avoid the three Cs: Confined spaces, Crowded places, and Close contact.
- Stay at home and avoid going out unless for essential purpose. If you have to go out, wear a mask and do not touch your face.
- Follow healthy sleep habits and keep a healthy diet.
- Be sure to wash your hands and gargle.
- Open the windows occasionally to ventilate during the day.
If you have any of the following symptoms, please contact your nearest public health center (COVID-19 consultation center) by telephone:
- Those with underlying health conditions who have relatively mild symptoms such as a fever and/or cough;
- Those who have heavy physical fatigue, trouble breathing or a high fever;
- Those who have none of the above symptoms, but have persistent mild cold symptoms such as a fever and cough.
You can find a list of public health centers here. They take calls in Japanese. If you don’t speak Japanese, please ask your supervisor or Japanese-speaking colleague to translate for you, or consult Camellia, Shizuoka Assistance Centre for Foreign Residents. See here for the details.
In case you get infected by the new coronavirus, please immediately contact the university health care center, the student affairs office and your supervisor by telephone or e-mail.