- Undergraduate students
- Research in Mathematics, Research in Physics I, Research in Chemistry, Research in Biological Science, Research in Geosciences I, Research in Geosciences II, Exercises in Geosciences II, Research in Creative Science I, Research in Creative Science II, Experiments in Organic Chemistry
- Graduate students
- Advanced Research in Mathematics, Advanced Research in Physics, Advanced Exercise in Physics I, Advanced Exercise in Physics III, Advanced Research in Chemistry, Advanced Exercise in Chemistry I, Advanced Exercise in Chemistry III, Advanced Research in Biological Science, Advanced Research in Geosciences
Regarding the subjects listed above, face-to-face classes and research activities will start only in those classes and laboratories that meet the following two criteria. (1) It is judged that the faculty member in charge can start face-to-face classes / instructions after June 8, 2020. (2) The relevant department recognizes that risk management measures are in place. In addition, when starting face-to-face classes or research activities, it is a requirement to thoroughly implement “Safety measures to be observed when conducting face-to-face classes related to new coronavirus infectious diseases”. Your supervisor will contact you as soon as it is decided to start face-to-face instruction.
Please continue to manage your health for the start of face-to-face classes. Besides, Shizuoka Prefecture imposes restrictions on rounds trips to several prefectures including the Tokyo metropolitan area. The destinations concerned by this restriction will be updated every Friday, so please follow the latest information. In addition, please be assured that your supervisor will give sufficient educational consideration even when you are unable to attend face-to-face classes due to concern on your health condition, or to the requests from Shizuoka Prefecture. If you are concerned about the risk of infecting people in the classroom or members of the laboratory due to a trip that crosses prefectural borders due to job hunting etc. after the start of face-to-face classes or lab activities, please communicate sufficiently with your supervisor about your study plans or research activities.
If the faculty member in charge decides not to hold face-to-face lessons after June 8, 2020, home-based activities will continue. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact your supervisor directly.
Update history / Remarks
- (2020-05-28 8:30) First edition in Japanese released. As of June 7, 2020, “Guidelines for education and research activities in laboratories” will cease to be effective.
- (2020-05-29 11:30) Added the names of subjects for which face-to-face classes will begin on June 8th, 2020. There is no substantial change from the contents released on May 28, 2020. The face-to-face class of “Experiments in Organic Chemistry” for the third-year chemistry students, and the fourth-year and master’s laboratory activities will be partially started.
- (2020-05-29 20:30) The request from Shizuoka Prefecture regarding movement across prefectural borders has been changed, so the relevant part has been updated.
- (2020-05-30 9:00) First edition in English released.
- (2020-06-04 20:30) For those who were outside Shizuoka prefecture, we ask to wait two weeks at home in Shizuoka prefecture before going to school. However, we have changed this point in line with the alleviation of the Shizuoka prefecture policy stated in the website “To everyone returning to Shizuoka prefecture” (in Japanese).
- (2020-06-18 10:00) The request from Shizuoka Prefecture regarding movement across prefectural borders will be changed this weekend, so the relevant part has been updated.